Brows | April 09, 2020
As there’s no clear end in sight for self-isolation and social distancing, many of us are having to take our beauty treatments into our own hands.
Last week, EW put together a handy guide on how to remove your gel nail polish the right way, and now we’re doing the same just for your eyebrows thanks to the experts from the Middle East’s leading brow bar, Browz.
Browz Master Therapist, Rebecca Morris, chatted with EW to give a step-by-step rundown with her best tips to maintain our brows while we’re all staying at home.
Rebecca, who hails all the way from the UK and specialises in high definition brows and semi-permanent treatment for eyebrows, tells EW the best way to maintain your brows “without compromising the shape you’ve worked so hard to gain is to set yourself a guide”.
- Fill in the shape you want first with an eyebrow pencil. It’s recommended you use something thin and easy to use.
- When filling in the brow, shade over any new hair that drops slightly under the shape if your aim is to get a little more growth.
- When you have shaded in your perfect shape, you will be able to see the hair that drops underneath the shape; these are the ones you ideally want to clean away.
- The best tool to get rid of stray hair from your brows at home is, of course, tweezers. You need to ensure you are using a good sharp pair of tweezers.
- Keep a very tight stretch on the skin — you always want to slide the hair out keeping with the direction of hair growth.
- Alternatively you could use an eyebrow razor or also known as a moose, you would need to be a little bit more careful with using very small movements going against the grain of hair again keeping a good stretch.
- It is recommended to do this process weekly in order to keep on top of the stray hairs for the time being.
Products you need
- A pencil that is simple to use and blends easily. Browz recommends the Rodial Glamobrow Pencil. Other fabulous options include the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz, Benefit Precisely My Brow Pencil and the Fenty Beauty Brow MVP Ultra Fine Brow Pencil.
- A brow brow brush, which is essential.
- A sharp pair of tweezers. The Rubis ones are a favourite of Rebecca’s. Alternatively, a disposable eyebrow razor.
- Finally a setting brow gel. The HD Brow Colourfix, Charlotte Tilbury’s Legendary Brows and the Benefit24-Hour Brow Setter Clear Brow Gel are all great options.
- For those who are aiming to grow their brows as much as possible during self-isolation, Browz recommends their new M2 BEAUTE Brow Renewing Serum, which helps hair growth. It’s best to apply this at night with a toothbrush, just before you go to bed.
- However, here’s hoping we won’t have to rely on ourselves too long to keep our brows looking decent. We’ll most likely be visiting the experts at Browz after quarantine is over in order to get our brows looking their best. Even better, consultations are complimentary!
- In the meantime, here’s hoping this handy guide will help you.
For more brow tips, please visit!