Brows | February 21, 2022
The beauty industry has come a long way – from collagen-infusion treatments to semi-permanent makeup, several improvements have been made to enhance the face and body without the complexity and hassle of the old, traditional methods. One of the procedures that has seen rise in popularity in recent years is the eyebrow tattoo application. It is meant to provide the look of fuller eyebrows without the trouble of makeup application every morning. However, some people may grow out of their semi-permanent features after a while. While having your eyebrows literally tattooed on sounds permanent, there are treatments in place that are made to reverse this procedure – one of which is the needle or gel brow tattoo removal.
What is the Needle Brow Tattoo Removal?
Also known as the gel tattoo removal, this procedure is an alternative treatment to the laser tattoo removal. It is a non-invasive treatment that involves using chemicals for old pigment extraction. It makes use of the same machines and needles as SPMU (Semi-Permanent Makeup) shading treatments. The procedure introduces a chemical solution to the skin that breaks up the pigment molecules which the body naturally metabolizes out of its system.
How is the Needle Brow Tattoo Removal done?
- The needle brow tattoo removal is a completely non-invasive treatment with minimal discomfort and downtime. The first step starts by removing dirt, oil, or traces of makeup for a clean base.
- Then, using a large bundle of needles, the pigment extraction solution will be gently inserted into the top layers of the skin through small, circular movements. Due to its alkaline base, the procedure is done more efficiently even though it is only applied superficially.
- The next and final step involves the application of the booster solution. It is a neutralizing agent that contains vitamin C – a water-soluble vitamin responsible for the regeneration process and collagen synthesis for the skin.
- For post-treatment, a take-home cream will be provided by the brow artist. It contains the ingredients dexpanthenol and provitamin B-5 – both of which assists with the regenerative process after easy absorption into the skin around the eyebrows. The cream is applied to relieve the tension on the healing skin and to support the growth of new cells.
- Lastly, an aftercare oil will also be provided. This is to be applied 7-9 days after the treatment. It contains vitamins A and E, which are antioxidants and moisture boosters, and the alpha-lipoic acid, a natural anti-oxidant that reduces the roughness of the skin. The aftercare oil is based on the taramira oil, a seed oil proven to stimulate hair growth.
What are the pre and post treatment guidelines for this procedure?
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning on your eyebrow area for at least a week prior to your brow tattoo removal procedure and apply sunscreens with at least SPF 50.
- The treatment area must be free from makeup and oils. Skip using cosmetics the day before your treatment.
- Consult your artists regarding medications and specialty creams you are using to ensure that they don’t cause a negative reaction with any of the ingredients used in the procedure.
- Avoid picking or scratching at the treatment site after your procedure.
- Do not forget to apply your aftercare creams as per instructions from your brow artist.
- If you experience discomfort or pain, consult with your care team for the suitable ointments or medication.
Needle Removal vs. Laser Removal
There is an on-going debate about which among the needle tattoo removal or the laser tattoo removal yield better results. Aestheticians often try to find a single, universal method of tattoo removal; however, many brow artists today believe that it is the combination of the two that can bring the best results.
Looking to get rid of your eyebrow tattoo? Visit BROWZ, the leading choice for semi-permanent makeup, brow treatments, anti-aging facials, and more. Our award-winning team of beauty experts will provide a comprehensive set of guidelines and a thorough consultation to advise you of the treatments that will best fit your needs. Get in touch with us today.